Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One and a Half Years.....?.....


.....that is how long it has been since I last posted on this blog. My how my life has changed since that last blissful post. I am now a full-time working mum. I have now placed my remaining two boys in public school--(ugh!). I am now a mother-in-law! So--here it is......I am a full time receptionist at a children's neuromuscular therapy center. It is a great job, a dream job actually, considering I haven't worked in 20 years I truly believe the Lord dropped it in my lap. While my boys are doing fine in public school, I so miss being home with them each day. They really felt like my buddies. I didn't realize how much my 11 year old was still missing being home-schooled until last night when I offered to reinstate read alouds at night. His eyes lit up and he settled right down while I read. So, the goal is to find time several evenings a week where we can fit it in. I will post later about all the books we are reading.

The other life changing event for me, was watching my oldest child and only daughter get married last August. I have never seen my *little* girl so happy....









So, the wedding is over, I am working, life has somewhat settled down for us. Of course there is always the saga of my 21 year old who is away to college. That child has given me every gray hair on my head!! :) And there is the fun of our first big vacation ever coming up this summer to Disney Land! I am sure that will be full of all kinds of fun. Until later....

No comments: