Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring Has Sprung



The top 5 ways you know that spring has arrived:
#5... Pussey willows! Seeing them each year transports me back to the little girl I used to be who always got excited to see those little soft buds appear.




#4... Rhodedendrons begin to bloom. While I wasn't watching, spring seems to have appeared in my yard. Just 2 short months ago, this is what was in my yard:

This is what is in that exact same spot today:

#3...Dogwood blooms! Two months ago, this is what I saw when I looked out my living room window:


Today, the very first Dogwood blossoms were found upon my inspection....



#2...Lilacs! Second, to rival my glee over the pussey willows is this beautiful sight, my lilacs beginning to bloom!




-
But if the plant life around you doesn't signal spring to you, I am sure this next sign does! Two months ago these were my boys playing in the snow...

And this little boy was SO excited on Christmas morning, seen here modeling his brand new catcher gear....
The #1 way you know it is spring......your children begin their baseball seasons!!!!
My youngest son (the catcher) has been practicing with his team for a week and my 14 year old (second baseman) just got the most anticipated call of the month last night from his coach, announcing that practices would soon commence. The frosting on the cake? He is playing with four of his best buddies....When you are a 14 year old boy, it doesn't get much better than that!

No comments: