Sunday, May 27, 2007

Remembering......

Thank you soldiers, who are willing to give your life so I can live in freedom. So that I can go to church whenever I want, vote for whoever I want to be the leaders of my country, so I can stand on a street corner in a group of more than 2 people. Thank you that I don't have to wake up each morning with fear in the pit of my stomach of becoming a victim of terrorism. Thank you that I know there is a first line of defense, positioned all around the world, comprised of men and women whose job it is to keep us safe--even while I give no thought to this job being done on a daily basis.

Thank you to the mothers, fathers, children, brothers, sisters, grandmothers, grandfathers and friends who have watched their loved ones leave on a mission--many of whom do not return. We take your sacrifice oh-so- for granted much too often and for this I am sorry. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for the holidays and birthdays and anniversaries and mundane every day days that you miss with your loved ones.

Thank you and I will remember.....

No comments: