Sunday, August 26, 2007

Book Meme........




I saw this on Karen's site and thought I would give it a try:

What are you reading right now?

I am sad to say, the book I am reading right now is pure chick-lit! Nothing deep or redeeming, but a lot of fun. It is called Dress Rehearsal by Jennifer O'Conell


Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?

My to be read list is pretty long--I have MANY options available to me. I am leaning towards one of the new ones I purchased last weekend in Spokane: Either Julia's Chocolates or Blessed Are The Cheesemakers.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now?

World Magazine

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read?

There are two I equally dislike: Moby Dick and The Scarlett Letter

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?

(Memoirs) The Prize Winner of Defiance Ohio and Fifty Acres And A Poodle
(Non-Fiction) Once Upon A Town: the miracle of the North Platte Canteen
(Fiction-3 of them) Jewel , Snow Falling On Cedars, Cold Sassy Tree

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they?

Not really--one or two of them might. I used to be in there a lot, but now I get most of my books through PaperBackSwap--no due dates to worry about!

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all?

Well....I loved the Mitford Series but my mom thought they were boring. I recommended Jewel to someone and they just couldn't get into it because of the vernacular that is used in it.

Do you read books while you do other things?

I love to eat while I read and read while I eat! I have also been known to read while driving,but only at stop lights. I have also read standing up in the kitchen while making dinner!

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits?

I got called a bookworm once in a while.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?

Last week, I stayed up finishing We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg







post signature

2 comments:

Karen said...

Snow Falling on Cedars was such a great book. And, your two new books sound interesting -- how can you go wrong with chocolate and cheese?! I'll be interested to hear about them. And, thank goodness for chic lit! It's like a big scoop of ice cream with hot fudge and marshmallow -- just pure fun.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, I'm so glad you did this one! I loved this meme, and I love reading about what other people are reading, have read and loved. I am so glad you finished the Berg book and liked it! And you know that I love and adore the Mitford books! :)

Hope you enjoy your chick-lit book you're currently reading - I love that genre!

Happy Reading!!