Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Time

Tonight we carved our pumpkins--a yearly tradition done here since Sarah was a toddler--That means Kerry and I have been carving pumpkins with kids every year for 23 years. This year marks a major milestone. Our *baby* is 12 years old and in 6th grade. Sixth grade is the last year we allow our kids to dress-up and trick-or treat...and the harvest party at church is for kids through 6th grade only. I never thought we would arrive at this moment--year in and year out the hunt for costumes and the perfect pumpkin and the perfect pumpkin design. There were many years where life was so overwhelming that I just couldn't think about it, but think about it I did. I hope my kids always have had a fun time and I hope my exhaustion and un-enthusiasm I felt at times was well masked from them?

Will we carve pumpkins again next year? Probably. But it won't ever be the same without a *little* kiddo residing in the house.

post signature

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

The pumpkins look great! Sounds like a great Halloween in the works for this year, considering that milestone that will be crossed after this one. Hope you guys enjoy it all :)