Tuesday, October 02, 2007

WOW! How Time Flies....

I have been on a ride it seems that I can't get off--called the" life is crazy ride"! At the center of this crazy feeling is the news that my co-worker and head receptionist has been diagnosed with colon cancer. It has been two weeks since her diagnosis and her surgery is scheduled for this Thursday. Scary. Fast. She is such a sweet gal, and I am worried about her. On top of that, I have been getting a crash course on how to do her job--a job she has held for 10 years--a job that has morphed into more and more responsibility over the years. She has so much knowledge of all the little workings of our center that no one else knows----yikes! Then, I have had to look at me job and decide which parts I can give to a temp to do, which we will hire to help give me phone support--I think she will be doing all the filing (something I am not too sad to hand over for a while! :) ) among other small things.

That is probably really all that is causing my lack of energy at night to participate in blogging. I come home, get dinner, talk to my boys and husband a bit, and then it is time to make lunches and clothes laid out for the next day. By that point, my brain feels like mush!

On the home front, my boys are doing great! Jazz Band is going well for Austen and seems to be the bright spot in his day. Sam is getting ready to go to 6th grade camp next week for 4 days--this will be a big thing for him, as he doesn't really like spending the night away from home. I actually thought he would opt out of the trip, but he is determined to go. I hope we don't get a call after the first night to come pick him up!!! :)

Well--my eyes are blurry and I can hardly see the computer screen so I guess it is time to sign off. Hopefully I can post a bit more tomorrow and visit some of my bloggy buddies.


post signature

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker, Kim. I'll keep her in my prayers. And you, too! Wow, you have a lot on your plate, of course blogging would have to take a back seat. Just keeping up with those boys is a full time job. Life gets so full at times. Hang in there. We're all here for you.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend at work. Keep us updated on how she's doing :)

Work sounds crazy. I hope it all works out well and is not too stressful. I totally understand why you wouldn't have a single minute to blog at night. Take some time and rest and enjoy the time off work with your boys :) We're not going anywhere!