Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Husbands!

Gotta love them!

Me: (on the phone from work) "Hi honey, how are you? Are you off work yet?"

Him: "Hi. Yes I am off. Try not to be jealous though, because my weekend is officially starting right now!" (it is 4:30 at this point)

Me: "What???"

Him: "Well, I already had Friday and Saturday off, and I put in for a day of vacation for tomorrow too!"

Me: "I AM jealous! Why are you taking tomorrow off?"

Him: "Oh, I have been thinking for awhile now that our wood floors need to be stripped and redone and now I will have 4 complete days to do it!"

Me: "Oh! That's nice. Why am I always the last to know when you get the hankering to start a major home project? I love you....bye"

Him: "I love you too! Bye...."

So folks, I am getting redone floors this weekend. Furniture and appliances misplaced. Dust everywhere. The sound of the sander. The smell of the finish. I am thinking a hotel sounds good!


And this is added to the little project he helped my boys with the other day. They decided they wanted bow staffs to pretend fight with and they knew how to make them out of pvc pipe, foam and duct tape. One little trip to the hardware store, an hour spent on the floor assembling, and I bring you this!

Boys will be boys. Even the biggest one!






Yes. They are proud of their fighting skills
So proud.


(Me? I just stand out there with the camera, laughing my head off!)


post signature


4 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

He does floors, makes projects with the kids and plays with them! What more could you ask for! (let us know if you opt for the room elsewhere)

Anonymous said...

That project sounds like something matt would do!
I don't envy you with all the floor work going on, but it will all be worth it when it's done!

Joyful Days said...

My husband did the floors in another house we lived in.

I need to get off your blog quick before my boys see those bow staffs. Oh my!! Too much fun.

How many bruises?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, he's so sweet to do your floors with his time off! I bet they are going to look great and you're all going to be so pleased. Once it's all over, of course!

Have a good time, whether you stick it out at home or not :)