Sunday, December 28, 2008

The 24th

Whew! What a whirlwind these past few days have been. I know that not all of you want to read about every detail of my family's life but I do want to some how document the events as that is part of my purpose for this blog in the first place!


December 24th:
This was the picture out my bedroom window and you guessed it....MORE snow.


**We had already decided to postpone Christmas Eve festivities planned at my mom's house until the weekend when the snow would/should be melting. They live about an hour north and had even more snow than us--roads were treacherous! But seeing as how my sister and her husband and my daughter and her husband all live 10 minutes from my house, I decided to host a mini Christmas Eve at my house.

**Cue: *operation -get- this - house- picked- up*!!!


**Church canceled Christmas Eve services as you couldn't get in or out of the parking lot.

**Menu:
Appetizers: spinach dip, cheese ball, pickle/olive plate, Crispix snack mix, multiple goodies Kerry received from people on his mail route.

Dinner: Clam Chowder, homemade applesauce, croissants, *special* green salad

**Activities: Chatting, eating, chatting, and more eating! Playing wii, and opening up new Christmas sleeping pants and winter themed pillowcases handmade by me!



**Got to bed very late

post signature

No comments: