Monday, February 16, 2009

day off? umm...right!

Well, thank you Presidents for having a birthday so I could have a relaxing day off reason to work around my house.

Ok--I will confess, there was a little bit of this:

















And a little bit of this:













And maybe one of these was enjoyed......













But there was whole lot more straightening up going on!

Our bedroom and closet. Yes, sadly I am letting you see that there are actually Christmas and Birthday gift bags with stuff in them still to be put away!

Before:

























After:

























Before:

























After:

























Before:



















After:



















Before:
























After:
























Before:
























After:

























Whew! That took longer than it looks like it should have--there were lots of little hidden tasks involved--organizing books, organizing knitting stuff, folding clothes, putting away random items that were quickly thrown in the closet for lack of time to find a better spot. Interestingly, this little project even prompted an impromptu redesign of my kitchen counter!!!

I hope you all had a great day and are feeling ready to tackle the rest of you week.

Warmly,

post signature

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, you got a lot done! Good for you! I enlarged your nightstand picture to peek at your books :-) C.S. Lewis has been on my reading list for a looong time. How do you like his stuff?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, you were just WAY too productive for your day off! I'd be doing really good just to get one of those projects done in a day. Cleaning up and closets and drawers and things are always a huge snowball for me - I start one small task and it morphs into an all day thing :)

Glad you had a long weekend and hope the upcoming (short?) week is terrific!

Lynn said...

Are you available to do our place next?! I see from your profile that quilting is an interest. I'll let you rootle through my stash in payment. :)

Annie said...

You got a lot done!

gail@more than a song said...

Oh you got a lot done, good job! I should be doing some of that now instead of being on the computer.
I'm curious to know how that Trigiani book is.....I loved the Big Cherry Holler ones.