Thursday, May 03, 2007

Well another slow cooking Thursday has rolled around and I think I have a great recipe to share. I used to find new recipes that we liked and then make them over and over until everyone was sick of them. Now, in my old age and wisdom and greatly increased stash of recipes, I may make something we like a few times and then forget about it. My husband being the easy going guy that he is just eats whatever I make and is thankful---but this recipe he actually asked for the other week because I hadn't made it since last fall! :)

Italian Beef Sandwiches

2-3 lb. beef roast ( I use chuck roast but any boneless will do) Trim any fat
2 cups boiling water
4 beef bouillon cubes
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. chili powder

Place beef in crock pot. Dissolve bouillon cubes in the 2 cups water, add the spices and then poor over the meat. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the meat when done and serve on crusty bread or rolls to make a sandwich. I usually have mayonnaise out to put on the bread, sliced onion, and grated cheese. *note: I usually kind of grind the meat up in my food processor rather than shred.*

Do you have a great recipe to share? Join in the fun over at Diary of a SAHM!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh wow, Kim this is just wonderful, I think my husband would LOVE it :)

Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.
Sandra