Thursday, July 12, 2007

birthday time

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET BOY!


Fifteen years ago today, this *little* bundle of joy entered our lives! Welcome to the world Austen baby. (I use the word "little" very loosely here--this kiddo weighed 9 lbs, 2 oz. A good two pounds heavier than any of the other three.) We love this kid to death--and can't imagine our life without him. His sense of humor keeps us laughing, his funny quirks when he was younger kept us worried, his compassionate heart keeps us amazed, his sense of responsibilty and loyalty (especially to his younger brother) keep us proud. God surely gave us a great and wonderful gift when he sent this child to us.

Here he is now:

He is away on a week long mission trip right now and boy am I missing that boy. I have to say, I never in my wildest dreams when I was younger entertained the notion that I would become the mother of a boy--let alone 3 of them. I just always assumed I would have all girls--why, I don't know--but boys I have had, after getting that girl first. There were times I railed against having so many boys--I just am not a 'boy' mom. I am a girly girl --I don't find boy's interests all that interesting. But. These boys have stretched me in so many ways and I now found myself ever so proud of being their mom. It is an honor to be raising up christian sons in this day and age. There is great responsibility in this. I surely am blessed.

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

Happy birthday, Austen!!