Saturday, September 15, 2007

just rambling here.....

Just felt like posting an entry of random musings.....today, so far, has been a good day. After a very hectic work week, I needed a day of plodding along!

So far:
*I have taken both boys to their saxophone lessons
*While the boys lessoned, I worked out at curves
*We have had lunch
*I have started laundry--on load #3 right now
*I am baking some of this and it is making my house smell delicious. It feels like a fall day here today, so smelling this bread baking completes the mood!
* I am procrastinating again, because I have this......
to go tackle and I don't want to! We are going to remove that ugly file cabinet and do something different in that corner. This little room has a little history---it is right off my dining room and the doorway to that room used to be a window looking out at a small cement patio slab--which was too small to do much with and so it just collected outside junk. One bright fall day, my husband decided to enclose that patio and turn it into a little mudroom. Well, it really is another collection room--craft stuff, games and books, shoes and helmets--but it needs a little cleaning out and reorganization. We don't have a garage, so this little room really serves a purpose-it just gets neglected quite often! ......


.....and speaking of neglected, can someone tell me how my son sleeps in this mess????
Guess what he has been working on?? :)

I need to also work on putting this pile of books away...--they are the books I am going to read for the *In Their Shoes* reading challenge....which doesn't start until January. I want to keep them all together and am not sure where I will carve out a space for them----hmmmm-----maybe in the mudroom if I ever tackle it!

Well--that about sums up my rambling thoughts and doings for now and how convenient is this? The bread is just now beeping to come out of the oven!

3 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great post, these are the best kind :) I bet that bread tastes so good, just like fall!

Love your "mudroom", wish I had a space like that. I'm sorely lacking in any kind of storage space in this house. We do have a garage though, so I can't complain :)

Cool stack of books for the challenge! You KNOW I had to zoom in and read all of the spines!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Joyful Days said...

Pumpkin bread and books!! I'm coming over. Starting the car...see you in a few days. Then I will bring you back here and you can organize my house. Ugh...the whole thing.

Actually, maybe I will make my own bread and work on my bedroom tomorrow.

Hmmmm...I am inspired

Anonymous said...

Forget the clutter...grab a slice of your fresh-baked bread and curl up with those books ;)
Just wanted to let you know that I just awarded you the "You Make Me Smile" Award.
Drop by and check it out when you get a chance.