Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lots of randomness---



---or lack of focus?

I just got done visiting some of my friends in blogville and got quite a chuckle from the latest offering from Karen. Her son told her that her blog lacked focus. As I thought about that in reference to my own blog I realized that her son would probably say the same thing about mine and then I started to feel bad ~~that maybe I was just taking up precious space on the world wide internet with a bunch of nothingness~~~ a big bunch of nothingness. And then I remembered when I started this blog--what I was thinking as I was registering and picking out a template and figuring out how to upload pictures and add stuff to a side bar---

I was thinking that I just wanted to chronicle our life as a family. I have purchased upwards of probably 15 journals to write in over the course of my 25 year marriage. How many have I written more than 5 pages in? Maybe 3. I have always like the idea of keeping a journal but the physical act of writing with a pen or pencil wears me out--and let's face it, it is way more fun to have people read what we write and offer nice comments, upload pictures to chronicle the family's journey, and re-design our blog layouts than to write in a plain old paper journal!

So, we have several months of our family's coming and goings and my thoughts on lots of little things chronicled for posterity sake and through the act of this chronicling I have found some wonderful people, each doing the same thing in their own little corners of the world--most very far away from my own little corner. Don't believe me? Visit any of the links in my sidebar and you will be entering a land of real, live, genuine women, living and doing the same things as you and I--but with little twists and personalities and personal stories to share---!

Thank you Julie, Karen, Annie, Stacey, Gail, Sheryl, Lucy, Bridget, and the many others who I visit but haven't linked to yet--for enriching my life and being a friend with encouraging words offered up across the miles, made a shorter distance due to this wonderful place we call the internet. It truly has become a smaller world.

post signature

6 comments:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Aww, what a great post! I don't think your blog lacks focus, or Karen's either. It doesn't have to be a blog about food or politics or even book reviews to have a clear focus. You, your family, your day to day happenings or anything else can be a great focus. I know that for me, I LOVE blogs like this, and as you said, love meeting other people in other corners of this huge planet with the same slant to their blogs. I have loved making online friends and seeing other people's ups and downs and stuff that might be nothing special to them, but might really touch or affect me.

I ramble, as always. :)

I love your blog, Kim - have a great day, and a great week!

Annie said...

I ♥ your blog & you Kim!

Joyful Days said...

Oh there is NO lack of focus here. It is so easy to see that your family IS your focus.

And that just lifts me up when I visit. I love to meet other moms who just love their families to pieces. Don't change!! This is a place of light & love.

Karen said...

Beautifully written, Kim! You captured my thoughts and feelings exactly. I'm sooo looking forward to our visit on Sunday!

Hugs, Karen

BClark said...

Hey Kim, Karen said to come visit so here I am. Glad I did, love food but seldom have a menu plan. I kinda look in fridge and start pulling things out. What I find is what you get. Like your recipies and when I have time will check out your food blog also.
Nice to meet you, Barbara

gail@more than a song said...

No way does yours or Karen's blog lack focus! I love visiting y'all. Mine is the one that needs help!

And you're so right about it making the world a smaller place...I love reading/hearing everyone's stories. My pastor said that everyone has a story! I hope one day my kids will want what I've tried to keep a record of, so far they aren't interested. But I always wanted to journal but like you, never did. This is more fun right now!