Monday, March 03, 2008

of ibuprofen and noxzema

The good news and the bad news...and more bad news.

The good news: I have the day off work.

The first bad news: remember my ear pain from last week and my ticket to see an endodontist? Well, I never did a follow up post as I like living in dental denial! Well, this morning, I had an appointment for a root canal re-treat. Yes, my root canal from 2002 had either failed or there was maybe a fourth canal my dentist couldn't see back then.

The second bad news: Yes, there was in fact a fourth canal which could be the source of my abscess. But I have funky little curly roots and the dentist is not sure this will be enough to save the tooth, ultimately. I may need to have some root surgery before we do a permanent crown. Well, there will be NO root surgery as far as I am concerned. I will have the tooth pulled and have a bridge put in before I will spend the money and time or endure the pain of ROOT SURGERY for a tooth which could still fail!

So, I am looking at going back in two months to evaluate the abscess which means this little dental nightmare gets to drag on for a bit longer. YUCKY!!

So, I will be taking copious amounts of Ibuprofen the next couple of days and as a bonus I am showing, for those who asked from last week's Friday Feast, my closely guarded beauty secret: Noxzema!



post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you. Poor tooth!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh no, Kim, how awful. I hope you are feeling a lot better soon, and I hope it all gets worked out with a minimal amount of pain.

{{{hugs}}}

gail@more than a song said...

Oh ouch! I'm sorry you'll have to go on with it longer, ibuprofen might be your new best friend.
Noxzema, I used that years ago...maybe I should try it again!