Monday, April 21, 2008

the joys of cooking--time travel tuesday

This week's Time Travel question is about any cooking mishaps!

There are two incidents which pop right out right when I think of the words, cooking mishap. The first one involves strawberry shortcake, biscuits, and my new in-laws. The first spring we were married I decided to make homemade biscuits to serve strawberries over. I also thought it would be nice to invite my husband's parents over to have this dessert with us. I served my husband and father-in-law who were sitting in the living room visiting, and then returned to the kitchen where my mother-in-law was. All of a sudden I could hear snickering coming from the living room and when I went to investigate, I was horrified to find out that my biscuits were so hard that they were laughing because they would need a knife to cut into them!!! I did not attempt homemade biscuits for many many years after that!



The second incident is one that my husband will not let my forget, even after 25 years of marriage! I was baking something, and being a newlywed at the time, quite a recipe follower to the last detail. I was debating which pan to pour the batter in, and was a bit confused. So I yelled out to Kerry, "Honey, is a 9x13 pan the same as a 13x9??" LOL! I thought he would bust a seam laughing at me.

So, you have any cooking mishaps? Hop on over to Annies, sign mr. linky and share with the rest of us!


post signature

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Those are funny Kim, especially the 13x9 pan one :)

I have made homemade biscuits in the past, but it's hard for me to do. My MIL is famous for her biscuits, among other things, so it's hard to live up to that!

Hope you have a great day :)