Thursday, December 18, 2008

oh the weather outside is frightful...

Day 4....

And I am getting a bit sick of it.....

Yup! After 3 days of delayed school starts due to ice and compact snow for the boys and for me at work, we have finally won ourselves a full snow day. But don't be deceived. Underneath this picturesque scene?.....




.....is a layer of ice, because yesterday we warmed up for a few hours to above 32*, the weeks worth of ice and snow began to melt, and then the temps plummeted after dark and everything refroze. About 5 a.m. the snow began and it has been flurrying all day. Sheesh! I don't drive in it, and consequently it is keeping me from getting my shopping done for Christmas.

Today is my birthday, and we are supposed to go down the hill to Sarah's for dinner. She is planning crab fettucini and homemade bread and some yummy dessert and now I am not sure we will be able to go. The roads are only going to get worse and she is in the valley while we are up on top of the hill....poor me. :(

OH, and did I mention that I am sick with a lovely head cold?

But I guess I will stop whining and go get some baking done. And maybe some stocking stuff sewn, and maybe some packages wrapped, and maybe....the list goes on!

How about you? Are any of you getting a winter blast right now? (yes, yes, I know there are areas who get it much worse then us, but this is Seattle, people. We are supposed to be getting rain!!!

Happy Thursday everyone.






edited: I was just thinking. Maybe I cursed us with this new wintery blog background! Yikes!

post signature

3 comments:

Joyful Days said...

Happy Birthday!!--number 29, right?? ;)

I'm ready for summer about now. We are in for freezing rain & cold and more cold over the next few days. Then they say it will warm up again.

Hope you feel better & get your special dinner.

Julie

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday Kim! Hope you have a great day - that baking, sewing and wrapping junk needs to be put off for you to celebrate your special day!

Pretty pictures, but then again, ice or snow looks great to me. We so rarely see any. It's sunny and 73 degrees here right now!

Happy Birthday!!!!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you got to go to Sarah's for that delicious dinner. We're still icey and cold, too. And it's going to be in the teens all weekend. I'll be home wrapping, baking Luke's favorite cookies and watching movies (I hope:)