Saturday, January 17, 2009

tweet tweet



I have often commented on other blogs when pictures of birds have been posted how I wish we had some pretty birds--mostly what you see in our area are starlings, crows, robins and seagulls. Blah! But when it snowed so heavily here in December I noticed some little wrens hopping all over our tree and empty bird feeder and I realized that even though they aren't as flashy as say, a cardinal, they were pretty cute. Then I felt bad because there was no birdseed in the feeder and hasn't been for years! They really don't need it most of the year here as they can peck around on the ground even in the winter. But I decided to purchase some birdseed and see what happens. This morning there were 5 of these little guys hopping around the tree outside my bedroom window. I wish I had a better zoom on my camera, but though I would share my little wrens with you.


post signature

No comments: