Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Memories

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope your day was as wonderful as ours. We had great food, a beautiful table, freshly painted walls and were surrounded by those we love.

I am so thankful to still have my one Grandma with us--she will be 90 this April and still sharp as a tack. The pretty glassware on my table in the picture above were a gift from her to me last Christmas. They are a set of gold etched goblets which had been a gift to her on her 25th wedding anniversary. She has had very few valuable things in her life--always has been very thrifty and frugal, so I know these glasses were quite special to her--I feel very honored to have received them.
(Hattie Christine, age 89)

I am so thankful to still have my parents. There are times that they drive me nuts and have hurt my feelings, but at times like this I realize how much they love me, how much they sacrificed over the years for me and how big of a hole will be left in my heart when I lose them. A few years back, there was this certain moment in time when I looked at my dad and really for the first time saw that he had aged. Yesterday, that moment occurred concerning my mom. I looked at her and saw that she had aged--These moments are oh so bittersweet. I contemplate the aging of my parents and in the same moment, find myself staring at my own mortality....(me and mom)(dad and my oldest son, Andrew)


I am so thankful for my kids. What a blessing they have been to me! Each so unique, yet also alike. So full of life, energy and laughter---my heart is so full of love for them and pride in who they each are becoming.




happy days, happy memories, a family full of love......

post signature

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving, loved all of the photos :)