Monday, March 23, 2009

catch up and all that jazz

Whew! Where has time been flying off to? I have had 2 kids down with the flu, one getting it just as the first one was over it. Sam is back to school and Austen is the one laying around and hacking his lungs up. I am so not ready for Monday morning and the work week to begin again. I have not gotten groceries purchased, no menu plan completed and hardly any laundry washed and dried-and let's just wipe the thought of laundry that has been folded and put away for the week right our of your mind. Why am I so behind you might ask--or maybe you wouldn't ask, but I am going to put it out there anyway...

I spent all day yesterday (Saturday) with my boy Sam. His school jazz band had a rare weekend field trip to a jazz festival/clinic/evening concert.


I agreed to be a driver for it and ended up just having Sam in my car which was just fine with me! Twenty area middle school jazz bands came to each play a 20 minute set, get judged and then have a clinic time with the judge who critiqued them. It was a great experience for them and I was so excited to finally get a picture of Sam playing a solo--he was playing an improvisational section which he made up himself in the middle of the song, Very Superstitious. He did great and I never cease to be amazed--do my boys not have a nervous bone in their bodies??


We did not get home until 10 p.m. as we stayed for the evening impressive Jazz Band concert from one of the colleges here in the state.





Today, we slept in, and then went to clean the dentist office--a job I despise doing on Sundays but this was the only time this weekend we had to do it. Then I went into the office of my regular job and filed paperwork for 3 hours! I only did that because:

A. I am really behind on filing--a low priority task and one hard to do when every one is around and the phones are ringing, and,

B. I am leaving work several hours early to go to a scary doctor appointment. I have a date with an electrophysiologist to discuss a little procedure which might stop all the little pvc's my heart is giving me--little extra beats which according to the heart monitor I wore last week, I have 10% of the time. I am nervous and really don't like considering this procedure at all.

So, now I am off to bed where I will try to relax and get some sleep!

post signature

No comments: